Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Welcome to my Cozy Corner

So for those of you who may stumble upon this , or *gasp* purposely come and see what I have to say, Welcome to my cozy corner!  I am going to try my hand at this blogging thing.  I am not sure what I am doing, nor how to really provide anything that is different than what is already out there in this tangled web we all weave, but I will try.

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself.  I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, and a child of God.  I am blessed beyond measure to have a husband that works hard so that I can stay at home with the children that God has given us the huge responsibility to raise and train up to follow Him. We currently have 3 kids here on earth, and one waiting for us in eternity.  Our oldest, we call him Buddy, is an active soon to be 4 year old.  He is a handful and a blessing, stubborn like both his daddy and I.  After Buddy, we had our miscarriage, and look forward to meeting our Angel Baby.  This child remains in our hearts and is honored on our Christmas tree by a special ornament each year.  Shortly after our loss, we found out we were expecting again, and lost our hearts once more to Baby Girl.  (Yes, I know that our nicknames are less than unique.)  She is a sweet 2 year old and is so full of spunk!  Finally we have Tiger.  He is our 4 month old baby and while I am still not sure what his personality is going to end up being, I feel he will be sneaky and a trickster, but only time will tell.

What are my plans for this blog, and what might you gain from it?  Well, really, that is still in the works.  I would love to take my love for crunchy things (natural living, cloth diapers, whole foods, homemade cleaners, etc.), crafting (sewing, crochet), culinary (cooking of all sorts:baking, main dishes, sides, methods, etc) children (entertaining, teaching) and Christian beliefs, and wrap it up in a cohesive package and make it something that someone can take and use.  But, as I said, I am still trying to decide.

As for right now, I will leave you with this thought:  At the end of the day, at the year, at the end of your life, what do you wish to have accomplished?  My husband asked me this the other evening when I was in the middle of an emotional train wreck.  I thought about it.  My answer had my kids in mind, as that was what started the train wreck--but honestly, the answer would probably be the same if he asked me in a clear headed moment.  At the end of each day, each year, the end of my life, I would want to be able to say that I did my best to show the love of God to my children.  For them to look back and say, that they know, without a doubt in their minds, that they were loved by me and by God.  To know that I did the best I could to train them to do what is good, honest, pure, lovely, true.  To know, without hesitation, that I didn't neglect the needs of my children, my most important job and possession, to manage the things in this world that don't matter in the end.  This led to a new way of starting our days in our home.  I will talk about this next time.

2 comments: